1. Get near some natural light, but not so bright that it casts deep shadows. Use a milky clear plastic tub or its lid to filter out the bright light ... an overcast day is like a giant difuser.
2. Use a simple background setting like white paper, a table, tiles or concrete...
3. Lay out all of your pieces like a mini quilt, pop your Umbrella Prints Trimmings paper label on top so we can see all the pretty fabrics you discovered. The packet in this photo is a Mixed pack by the way.
4. Don't use a flash!
5. Get in nice and close.
6. Take a few photos .. like 5 -10 so that you can pick one that came out nice and clear... the sun can pop out just at the right moment in one photo.
7. Crop your photo in just a smidge if you need to. Crop off the pair of sneakers in the background you didn't notice whilst taking the shot.
We hope this helps.. good Luck!